Kurt Whitesell, CFP®
Born on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation and later growing up in Rapid City, South Dakota, Kurt learned at an early age that hard work and determination are the keys to success.
As he grew older, Kurt realized the need for an honest and objective resource for people when planning ahead for their futures. In 1987, he became a financial consultant, and by 2007, he founded his own independent financial firm, Whitesell Financial Group, LLP.
For more than three decades, he has helped clients work towards achieving their goals according to the belief that a financial professional should be free from Wall Street and corporate influences in order to ensure the highest ethical standards are consistently practiced and upheld.
In 2022, Kurt and his team joined Summit Wealth Group.
In addition to his roles as Vice President of Summit Wealth Group and Senior Financial Advisor, Kurt has been actively involved in the community:
- Rapid City Sports Hall of Fame member for his boxing career of 135 wins and 22 losses.
- Younglife Finance Committee board member.
- Junior Achievement volunteer within the Rapid City Schools.
- Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisor 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- President's Club Advisor — a distinction based on annual production attained by 17 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network (2020).
- Black Hills Sports Board Member
- TeamMates Mentoring Board Member
He and his wife, Suzie, are the proud parents of four children and three grandchildren. In his spare time, Kurt enjoys going to the gym, traveling, and watching his kids compete in sports.
2018-2023 Forbes Best In State Wealth Advisors, created by SHOOK Research. The 2023 award was presented in April 2023 based on data gathered from June 2021 to June 2022. 22,243 were considered, 7,321 advisors were recognized. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.